1. Lay a blanket on a flat surface like a diamond and fold down the top corner about 6 inches to form a straight edge.
2. Place your baby on his back so that the top of the fabric is at shoulder level.
3. Bring your baby's left arm down. Pull the corner of the blanket near his left hand over his arm and chest, and tuck the leading edge under his back on his right side.
4. Bring your baby's right arm down. Pull the corner of the blanket near his right hand over his arm and chest, and tuck the cloth under his left side.
5. Twist or fold the bottom end of the blanket and tuck it loosely behind your baby, making sure that both legs are bent up and out from his body, his hips can move, and his legs can spread apart naturally.