1. The United Arab Emirates is a country located in the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf.
2. UAE borders Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south and it shares sea borders with Qatar and Iran.
3. In 2013, the UAE's total population was 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates.
4. United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven emirates which are Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain.
5. Each emirate is governed by an absolute monarch and together, they jointly form the Federal Supreme Council.
6. The United Arab Emirates was established in December 1971.
7. The UAE's oil reserves are the 7th largest in the world, while its natural gas reserves are the world's 17th largest.