3-5 medium eggplants (3 lbs)
5 table spoons Tahini paste
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 table spoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. Roast the eggplants in the oven on medium heat, or on a BBQ grill for about 30 minutes.
2. While eggplants are still hot (not too hot so you don't burn your hands), peel them and discard as much as possible of their seeds.
3. Strain the water from the eggplants by placing them on a colander for about 10 minutes. This step is important so you don't get a liquid Baba Ghannouj.
4. Add eggplants and all ingredients in a food processor and let run for 2-3 minutes until you get a paste.
5. Place Baba Ghanouj paste into a serving plate, garnish with any/all of the following: olive oil, chopped parsley, sumac spice or chili powder, salted pickles...etc
Recipe and photo credit: www.mamaslebanesekitchen.com