Our ninth Euromoney Kuwait conference will be held on 26th September 2017, in Kuwait City. Co-hosted by the Ministry of Finance, it will bring together issuers, investors and intermediaries to discuss the diverse opportunities, and challenges, the government’s New Kuwait initative is creating.
Our line-up of high-level speakers - drawn from government, business, economics and finance – will debate topics that include: the progress of the government’s ambitious New Kuwait strategy; the falling oil price and its impact on the economy, finance and investment; an update on mega projects and their progress; using capital markets to finance projects - sovereign, corporate and FIG issuance; and regional and international opportunities for investing Kuwait’s wealth.
“Kuwait’s economic health is central to the prosperity of the wider Gulf region,” says Victoria Behn, Director for Middle East and Africa at Euromoney Conferences. “The successful implementation of the government’s bold economic and financial reform plan will act as a bellwether to other nations in the region. It will prove that a fully diversified, free-market economy is both achievable and desirable in the GCC.”
Confirmed speakers include:
• Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of the State of Kuwait, H.E. Mr Anas Al-Saleh
• Central Bank of Kuwait’s Governor, H.E. Dr Mohammad Yousef Al-Hashel
• KAPP’s General Manager, Mutlaq Mubarak Al-Sanei
• Gulf Bank’s Chairman and Alghanim Industries’ Chief Executive Officer, Omar Alghanim
• Kuwait Banking Association’s Deputy Chairman and Boubyan Bank’s Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Adel Abdul Wahab Al-Majed
• National Bank of Kuwait’s Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer, Shaikha Al-Bahar
• Aberdeen Asset Management’s Chief Executive Officer, Martin Gilbert
• Boursa Kuwait Securities Company’s (BKSC) Chief Executive Officer and Kuwait Clearing Company’s (KCC) Chairman, Khaled Abdulrazzaq AlKhaled
• Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait’s Chief Executive Officer, Michel Accad
• Al-Hossam Legal’s Managing Partner, Hossam Abdullah